| University of Idaho|
History-Lecturer or Visiting Assistant Professor
Division/College: College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: 45,000-47,000
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The History Department at the University of Idaho (http://www.uidaho.edu/class/history) invites applications for a temporary non-tenure track position as a Lecturer or Visiting Assistant Professor of History. The area of specialization is Ancient Mediterranean World for a one-year non-renewable visiting professorship. Period, region, and sub-fields are all open for consideration.
Visiting Assistant Professors will hold a regular teaching position at another institution, otherwise individuals will be appointed as lecturers.
The appointment dates are August 14, 2017 - May 12, 2018 and will not be continued.
PhD in History (department can consider doctoral candidates who have completed all requirements and who will defend their dissertations by date of hire)
- Demonstrable teaching excellence at the undergraduate level
- Research and teaching interests which complement, and build upon, the department’s present strengths
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research and collaboration and working across the humanities and sciences
- Strong potential for research productivity, including publications, presentations, and grant writing
- Demonstrated skill to interact effectively with students and faculty
- Capacity to effectively mentor graduate students
Posting Number: F000547P
Posting Date: 03/01/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to applicants who apply by March 24, 2017. The required 3 letters of reference to be mailed directly to Chair, Search Committee, History Department, University of Idaho, 875 Perimeter Drive MS 3175, Moscow ID 83844.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency