The Researcher is responsible for researching to ensure accuracy and authenticity of American Girl characters, including books and print products, toy product, movies, games, marketing, retail displays and programs, customer service, and customer programs. A foundation of thorough research underlies the company's content, product, and experiences, and is integral to maintaining and protecting American Girl’s premium status, point of difference, and valuable brand identity.
- Passion for the success of your brands. What does that look like? A proven willingness to go the extra mile, to take on the things that need to be done and a positive attitude that rolls with changes.
- Relationship skills that work across teams, licenses and functions. What does that look like? Excellent communication skills, the ability to compromise and the desire to work with skill sets across the entire organization.
- Leadership ability that ultimately betters the team. What does that look like? The ability to drive change and results through influence and focus, and demonstrated expertise in the field.
- Innovation Ability to envisions the possibilities and “what-ifs” with a fresh new perspective.
- Consumer/Customer Focus You establish trusted relationships with internal and external customers that lead to open dialogue and win-win solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in History or equivalent field (Public History, American Studies, Material Culture)
- 3+ years Research experience in history, material culture, and popular culture
- Effective communications skills are essential
- Ability to work independently, and effectively without supervision, for a wide range of internal clients
- Experience writing historical nonfiction for the public and young audience
Apply at http://careers.mattel.com/.